New to Mac - Can someone help me? I keep getting and error message.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mirek84, Dec 29, 2009.

1. mirek84 macrumors newbie

Hi. I don't know if anyone here can help me or if I'm posting in the right forum. I'm new to mac and I don't really know much about computers. I was buying some stuff online and when I click view my cart I get an error message saying:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Sites\store.donatelife.net\xshop\libraries\FileMaker\Implementation\FileMakerImpl.php on line 348

Does this have to do with my computer? I've never had this happen before. What does it mean and what do I have to do? Thanks!

I have an iMac, Mac OS X version 10.6.2. It was the online store for Donate Life America http://store.donatelife.net/ and I was using safari. I also tried Firefox and got the same message.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

As almost always more information is needed from your side so that we can figure out what the problem is.

Do you have a Mac, and if, what model and what Mac OS X version are you running :)apple: > About This Mac)?

What online store do you visit and what software/browser are you using for that?

Because that error message is Windows centric, it refers to the document in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Sites\store.donatelife.net\xshop\libraries\FileMaker\Implementation\FileMakerImpl.php .
    C:\ is the name/letter for a hard drive/partition (mostly the system partition) in Windows.

Mac OS X does not use those drive letters.

3. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

4. mirek84 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have an iMac, Mac OS X version 10.6.2. It was the online store for Donate Life America http://store.donatelife.net/ and I was using safari. I also tried Firefox and got the same message.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It works for me though. I selected some random articles and then clicked View Cart and got no error message and could view my cart.

I have an older iMac running 10.6.2 with Safari 4.0.3 on it.

Do you have File Maker installed?

Maybe it's an error from their end as their server might be running via a Windows OS.

6. mirek84 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I don't have file maker installed and I have Safari 4.0.4 on my iMac. I contacted the website, so they might be able to help. Thanks for trying to help.

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That would have been my next proposal.

Good luck though.

PS: You could try Opera or Chrome or other browsers.