Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoleWoman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2020
Hello there.
I am finally coming over to Mac and would like a bit of buying advice. I am debating between the new 2020 MacBook Air i5 vs i7 and 8g vs 16g.

I will mainly use it for email, browsing, website building, minimal photo and video editing and document producing (pdf, word, excel) etc possibly for our small business.
Originally I was looking to get the i7 with 8g but after reviewing the opinions and reviews, it almost seems like it’s not worth the price. But then I noticed that several people did a ram bump (I’m aware you can’t upgrade after purchasing).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I use my late 2013 13" MacBook Pro in a similar manner and it's worked quite well after all these years. I'm running the latest Catalina release with no issues. With this being said, I would go for an i5, 16 GB, and at least 256 GB of storage.

Reactions: SoleWoman

SoleWoman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2020
Thank you for the help. Does Apple typically do holiday sales ie Memorial Day?

SoleWoman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 20, 2020
Micro center had a good deal so I went with them. Apples delivery was taking way too long. Anyone familiar with micro centers plans vs apple care?

Ghostrider72

macrumors member
May 24, 2020
These are machines that cost. When you spend your money you want to keep good value over time so I would go for the top dog: i7, 16gb 512 gb storage

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.