Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cableguy619

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
I have trolled the forums for 2 yrs without posting and I am finally turning to the Mac world. Specifically for the tools that are available for photography and ease of syncing all i devices to work as one. I could not find any threads about pc and mac workign together, I may have been usign the wrong key words.

So my delima, I have found many topics about using a NAS and I am set and ready to buy a Synology DS1511+.

My question is can Mac files and PC files coexist on the NAS? Or do I have to divide storage accordingly?

waynep

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2009
Since a NAS will be NFS/CIFS or some other "network" file system, then they can co-exist. Should not be a problem. I have a PC Desktop machine and share a directory out that my Mac accesses without problems.

cableguy619

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
awesome thanks guys... my goal is to kill the pc slowly. the more and more i look into Macs the more I want to spend. 1st the guts were impressing me than I started looking into the software and I have been sold. Now it's just how big of a hole I want to burn into my wallet

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.