New to MAC need help getting to know system!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by heathy01, Jan 18, 2009.

1. heathy01 macrumors newbie

What is the best book or website for new Mac users? I just switched over from my PC and need help understanding my new computer. This forum has already helped me out greatly, just looking for other sources to use as well. :confused:

2. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Hello and welcome to the forums!

For a beginner Mac user, the forums definitely help out a bunch. There are plenty of people here willing to help you out with what you need.

When I first became a "switcher," I liked this book here:

http://www.amazon.com/Switching-Mac...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232299159&sr=8-1

Good luck! You will highly enjoy every aspect of a Mac. If you need any further help, don't hesitate to ask. :)

3. cronnos macrumors newbie

4. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

5. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

6. Dale124 macrumors member

I'm in the same situation as you, healthy01. I too am brand new to the Mac world, having just bought my first one over the Christmas holidays.
    I was at Indigo book store a few days after buying the mac, and noticed they have a "Mac OS X Leopard for dummies" book. I've had a couple of other "for dummies books", and found they are well written in plain english for "Joe Average". I bought the book, and am 3/4 of the way through it. It has been helpful, and I also use it as a desk reference (just used it to find something today, in fact).

7. heathy01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all for your help. I purchased both books just minutes ago. I am so excited to get rolling with my MAC. :eek: