new to mac - need help with iphoto and HP photosmart printer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by quiz1, Apr 13, 2008.

1. quiz1 macrumors newbie

Hi-

Just installed the HP photosmart C6280 printer to my new Intel imac and I can't seem to print photos from iphoto.
    The printer is connected to my ethernet and I've set it as the default printer, but iphoto keeps listing "no printer selected".

I've tried to find the solution fearing it's something pretty simple, but I can't seem to fix it myself. Hoping someone here can help.

Thanks!

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

In the iPhoto Print Dialog box is there a listing for Bonjour Printers? Sometimes setting your printer as default is not enough. You also have to tell it that it is a networked printer. Doing this once is usually enough. Best wishes.

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Did you go into System Preferences-Print & Fax and add a printer?

4. cfs macrumors 6502a

Did you install the drivers for OSx? You need to go to HP website to do this. If you have not done this, this is why your printer is not recognized.

Here is the link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=219&lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&dlc=en&product=3194498

-cfs

5. quiz1 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Yes the install software does do it automatically but did you add a printer in System Preferences?

7. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I have the 6250 and the drivers were on the leopard disk. It installed fine, if the drivers on not on the OS disk you will likely need to download them from HP.

8. cfs macrumors 6502a

I made the same mistake myself at first with my HP printer. I suggest that you just trash all the HP stuff on your computer and start form scratch if things get too confusing and do the following.

Do not use your installation cd and go to the link I gave and install these one at a time.

HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X v10.3.9, v10.4 and v10.5

Update Required: Mac OS X v10.5.x for HPdriver v9.7

when finished click on Apple icon on top left>System Preferences>Printer and fax and see if you can see your printer.

Mail us how it goes.

-cfs

9. quiz1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did - I see it there. I'm thinking the drivers didn't install correctly for whatever reason? I think I'll try to reinstall and let you know how it went.

10. quiz1 thread starter macrumors newbie

This seemed to do the trick. It appears something was wrong on the set-up disk and I think the update fixed it. Now if I could only figure out why the printer won't print the picture on the photo paper LOL.

11. quiz1 thread starter macrumors newbie