new to mac os

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SchoolDaze, Nov 6, 2011.

1. SchoolDaze macrumors newbie

Been playing with my new iMac for over a week now but I have a few questions.

On start up it brings up a finder window titled MacOS. Whenever it comes out of sleep it has to reconnect to my wireless but it says it can't find it so I have to select it on the list manually. Another time it started up with wifi off, when I click on the wifi icon in the menu bar it says no hardware installed. Started up today with no menu bar until I click righted the desktop and went into desktop backgrounds. Then the menu bar came up but it lost its transparency and wifi was off.
    A reboot usually fixes all of this.

Is there a way to network 10.7 with WinXP so I can share files between them? I know there's a switch to turn off the magic mouse, what about the keyboard? I've just been holding the power button down until it flashes, lol.

Is there a way to increase font size over all for the whole OS?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

There wasn't before Lion, not sure if there is now, but I don't think so. Lots of people complain about a small font in the menu bar.

3. SchoolDaze thread starter macrumors newbie

bump

So can anyone else confirm that they also have these issues and possible know a fix? I'm using 10.7.2. One of these happen every time I turn on my iMac.

- A MacOS window opens, everything works. I don't know why the folder appears at start up.
    [​IMG]

or

- When the desktop loads I get my background and the dock but no menu bar. If I open a application the menu bar will appear but is not translucent and the wireless is shown as not installed.

[​IMG]

And starting today the wireless has lost connection over 3 times at random.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

5. phySi0, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

phySi0 macrumors member

This is definitely a hardware issue for the WiFi. It says no hardware installed, I've never seen that before, but I'd guess that probably means the Airport card is not seated properly.

I'd agree with the poster above me, take it to your nearest  store.