New to Mac OSX dont worry

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by seahawk09, Jul 26, 2007.

1. seahawk09 macrumors regular

Hey all you new Mac owners,

So your new to Mac dont worry I have just the book for you it's called Master Visually Mac OSX Tiger, this has to be one of the best books i have seen for Mac, I will be buying a Macbook pro in the near future, and this book is making getting back into Mac a snap. So if your fustrated with learning Mac the hard way may I recommend this book it will help you understand Mac OsX better then before.:D

happy reading:cool:

www.chapters.ca

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

If you are going to suggest something like this, it might be a good idea to include some sort of link to it or to a writeup on it.

3. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

It depends what you want to achieve, but many users won't need to touch a manual.

Don't forget there is extensive Help online, as well as via Mac Help.

I wouldn't buy a book before getting a Mac. If you are familiar with Windows and other desktop GUIs then there shouldn't be much of a learning curve.

4. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Heck, I picked up a mac in 1998 with zero computer knowledge and have never had to read the first book... from Mac OS 8 all the way up to OS 10.4.10
    One major thing I love about the apple - all it takes is common sense unless you're going into programming or something!:)

5. spjonesi macrumors member

I picked up a raspberry iMac for free about a year ago. It had 9.2 on it, I was going to try to put panther on it, but the ram was crazy expensive. So I tried using 9.2...and found that it was unintuitive and for me really hard to use compared to OS X. I gave it away for free to a college student who needed a computer. I've found OS X to be the opposite for me, though. Everything in the right place and generally set up pretty good from the get go.

spjoneSi

6. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I bought a book on OSX when I got my first Mac. I read over some things in it the first night but since then I haven't touched it. Everything I've needed to know has come from here, google, apple.com, and other mac sites.