New to Mac OSX dont worry

seahawk09

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
Canada
Hey all you new Mac owners,

So your new to Mac dont worry I have just the book for you it's called Master Visually Mac OSX Tiger, this has to be one of the best books i have seen for Mac, I will be buying a Macbook pro in the near future, and this book is making getting back into Mac a snap. So if your fustrated with learning Mac the hard way may I recommend this book it will help you understand Mac OsX better then before.:D

happy reading:cool:

www.chapters.ca

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
If you are going to suggest something like this, it might be a good idea to include some sort of link to it or to a writeup on it.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
It depends what you want to achieve, but many users won't need to touch a manual.

Don't forget there is extensive Help online, as well as via Mac Help.

I wouldn't buy a book before getting a Mac. If you are familiar with Windows and other desktop GUIs then there shouldn't be much of a learning curve.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Heck, I picked up a mac in 1998 with zero computer knowledge and have never had to read the first book... from Mac OS 8 all the way up to OS 10.4.10
One major thing I love about the apple - all it takes is common sense unless you're going into programming or something!:)

spjonesi

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2006
Heck, I picked up a mac in 1998 with zero computer knowledge and have never had to read the first book... from Mac OS 8 all the way up to OS 10.4.10
One major thing I love about the apple - all it takes is common sense unless you're going into programming or something!:)
I picked up a raspberry iMac for free about a year ago. It had 9.2 on it, I was going to try to put panther on it, but the ram was crazy expensive. So I tried using 9.2...and found that it was unintuitive and for me really hard to use compared to OS X. I gave it away for free to a college student who needed a computer. I've found OS X to be the opposite for me, though. Everything in the right place and generally set up pretty good from the get go.

spjoneSi

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
I bought a book on OSX when I got my first Mac. I read over some things in it the first night but since then I haven't touched it. Everything I've needed to know has come from here, google, apple.com, and other mac sites.