New to MAC PRO

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by fxps, Feb 19, 2016.

1. fxps macrumors newbie

fxps

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sean and a little new to the Mac Pro world. I am switching from a iMac to the Mac Pro and had a few questions.

Below I listed the specifications I have chosen but if you guys would recommend something else please let me know.

I will be using this for Photoshop and 4K video editing not too heavy short clips from 3min - 15min. Here is also the screens I am interesting in getting for this.

• ViewSonic VX2880ml 28-Inch 4K Ultra HD LED Monitor (3840x2160, 50M:1 DCR, HDMI (MHL), Dual DisplayPort Inputs and DisplayPort Outputs)
    Again if anyone has recommendations for the screens please let me know as well. I will be running 3-4 screens.

Summary
    Mac Pro
    • 3.5GHz 6-core with 12MB of L3 cache
    • 32GB (4x8GB) of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC
    • 256GB PCIe-based flash storage
    • Dual AMD FirePro D500 GPUs with 3GB of GDDR5 VRAM each
    • User's Guide (English)

2. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

3. fxps thread starter macrumors newbie

fxps

my only concern with the dell is colors as I am a bit more familiar with the viewsonic monitors than the dell, and yes the price point is significantly different.

4. AidenShaw macrumors P6

AidenShaw

You'd probably get more interesting replies if your subject line had been "4k monitor recommendations for Mac Pro" - "New to Mac Pro" doesn't hint at what your real question is. I don't know if the OP can edit the title....

5. fxps thread starter macrumors newbie

fxps

Thank you for the recommendation... I just want to get as much as feed back possible because he 5k is not little money lol