New to Mac Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jsllim, Feb 4, 2014.

1. jsllim macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

So i finally decided to switch to mac and boy do i love it so far. I do a lot of developing and graphic design and after saving up and research, i purchased the late 2013 rMBP 15" with 2.6 intel i7, 512 gb, 16gb ram, and they come with the intel iris pro graphics w/ Nvidia 750m. Here is my *dumb* question...i know that the computer will automatically switch between graphic cards depending on my needs and when i go to about this mac > more info > it shows me the graphics is the intel iris pro 1024 mb. Is it not showing the nvidia graphics card bc I'm not using it? Also, where can i go on the computer to see where the nvidia is?

Sorry for the dumb I'm new to mac question but i can't seem to locate it.

Thanks,

JM

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

That would be why.
    I'm not sure I understand that question. If you want to see it listed in the available devices, you can go to the :apple: menu, about this mac, more info, system report which will bring up system profiler and tell you everything you want to know and more.

If you want to know where the 750m physically is, it is soldered as part of the mainboard, and if memory serves me correctly it is near the upper left corner of the keyboard or so.

3. jsllim thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the answer, i should have worded my question better. I just wanted to see where it was listed and found it. Thanks again.

4. rex450se macrumors regular

You can also us gfxCardStatus, http://gfx.io/, and it will show you up on the top menu bar if you are using the dedicated gpu or integrated gpu. And it's free.

Victor

5. maflynn, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014

maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Go to the System profile About this Mac>More Info>System Report and then select Graphics/Display on the left and you'll see both GPUs
    [​IMG]

6. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

You should also be able to see which is in use on the Energy tab in Activity Monitor.

Attached Files: