new to mac, questions on gaming temps

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by kicker6820, Jul 4, 2009.

1. kicker6820 macrumors newbie

i just got a new 15" MBP and i started to play a few games on it(sims 3 and spore) and i noticed that when i play it starts to get pretty warm and i don't want to mess up my new MBP cause i just got it and am going to be using it for school in the fall. after i quit out of a game i will pull up istatpro(found online) and it shows that some temps are getting as high as 72 degrees, i was wondering if this was normal. i was playing on a hardwood desk with nothing under it. I guess i'm asking if someone can give me some advice and help out or suggest some desktop cools that might keep the temps down.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Yes, that temperature is very normal and I wouldn't worry about it because processors nowadays normally generate a lot of heat and that is well within spec. I'd only start to worry if it got to around 95-100 C.

3. zorahk macrumors 6502

The computer will shut itself off when too hot.

Also, learn to play real games.

4. ironman159 macrumors regular

ironman159

To me, those are real games. :p Just my point of view.:D

5. akbc macrumors 6502

Haha, try playing CoD4 on it :) even 85 is nothing.
    When I had my uMBP 15", playing CoD4 with the 9600m on, it went around like high 80's... But I've owned many macs before and I know heat is like, their normal thing... So you don't need to worry about it either.

Just make sure when you close the lid, you have those games either turned off or your computer goes to a proper sleep, because when they don't, you might end up with melted keys and such :(

6. kicker6820 thread starter macrumors newbie

ha i do play real games. these were just two that i had layin close by when i was trying this