New to Mac ripping dvd's

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by msarway, Jul 9, 2007.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

i have made the switch from windows to apple wow great! i used to be able to rip dvd movies and copy to a dvd i had great software that was for windows like dvd descriptor or dvd shrink and then i would use nero to burn the movie. can i do that on a mac and if so where can i find the software and what software do i use.

2. rvpete macrumors member

rvpete

well i don't know if this kind of "questions" are allowed :rolleyes: but I too need a Tipp for that

I recently bouth Apple TV and wnt to watch my Movies with this, without swicthing DVDs *it sucks if you want to do a Hardcore night and need to change all 4 episodes the DVD :mad: *

3. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Well, as long as this is for backup and not piracy you can do it. Some popular programs for ripping include Mac the Ripper and Handbrake. Handbrake will also let you encode your DVD's to a format that iPods or AppleTVs can read.

You can also pop in a DVD and use OS X's built in Disk Utility to make an image of a disk that you can use to copy or make a DVD Master.

P-Worm

4. msarway thread starter macrumors 6502

msarway

thanks to all its not piracy what i do id make copies for my kids by 1 and make 3 it saves alot of in hose fighting.

5. freeedge369 macrumors member

Mac the Ripper

Despite it's slightly odd name, I have heard very good things about Mac the Ripper(Click the link to be taken to it's website.
    It's free. Free is good. I have downloaded it, though I have yet to give it a test run.