New to Mac, trying to game

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fevaim, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Fevaim macrumors newbie

Hi there guys..

I just became the proud owner of my first Mac.. a MacBook pro 2,8 with Nvidia 9600 512, 4 gb ram and OS 10.6

I'm trying to learn how to install games on this OS.. (i must add that the games i'm trying to install are downloaded and cracked).. i have had to install parallel and install my version on win7 so that i can use the office 2007 (to write equations and so on)

The main question is.. Can i play games by installing them in Win7 and play them through parallel? Or is there a special way where i can play games on Snow leopard without using parallel? (besides from the obivious answer, "buy mac games")

sincerly -Fevaim

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

You really need to use bootcamp to play games.

PS Don't discuss pirated software on this site.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Boot Camp would have taught you this:

Warez/Serials/Keys.
    Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Things_Not_to_Do

4. Fevaim thread starter macrumors newbie

thnx for the advice :)

and sorry for the mentioning of pirated software..

If i use bootcamp, will it be necessarry for me to boot the machine over and over again to change between OS? i kinda like snow leopard to run essential programs allthough i was a windows man

5. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

Short answer yes. Long answer search mroogle. Bootcamp is easy to setup all you need is the windows setup disk.

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

7. sheepopo39 macrumors 6502

You could try Crossover Games from Codeweavers, however I don't how good it is, and how well it plays games. I do know that it does allow you to play your windows games on your mac without the need of a virtual machine or boot camp.

John.