New to MAC VPN help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TubbyCow, Jun 12, 2007.

1. TubbyCow macrumors member

I'm a student at the University of South Carolina and in order to connect to the wireless network the tech web site says i need to download something called cisco vpn client. I see that on my new SR MBP that i have a vpn option in the internet connect software. Do i need to downoad this eparate software or can i connect just using this vpn option. :confused:

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

To be honest i do not know, but can't you set up the VPN from within Internet connect with the same settings as described by the university and see if it works.

3. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Best way to find out would simply be to try to set it up using the built-in VPN support Apple provides, and if it doesn't work, use VPN.

I know at work we use Cisco VPN specifically, and I'm fairly sure that even our Mac users must use the Cisco client and not just the built-in Apple support for VPN. But I know that other clients can still connect even to our VPN.

4. Khyber macrumors newbie

You will need to use the Cisco VPN client not the built in Apple VPN. The client should be available to download on the school network. The IT support people should be able to tell you what you need to do to setup the client.