Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lh5w

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I haven't used a Mac in like, 10 years, mostly because my parents never bought one and there weren't any in my school. So now I'm thinking of buying a Mac laptop. I don't want to, nor can I invest more than about $500 in a laptop. I've been surfing Ebay, but don't know what kind of old school laptop to buy. Any suggestions? Someone told me the Mac Book was a good beginners computer.

lh5w

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
You'll only be able to get a refurb or older generation MacBook with $500. You won't regret it, though.

Yeah, and that's fine with me. I wasn't sure if I'm better off getting a G3 or G4 or a Powerbook, or some other type and if the Mac Book really is the best kind for me. I'm afraid of going to the Apple store because I dont want a "hard sell" on a brand new one.

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
Save your money a little longer and wait until you can afford a refurb MacBook from Apple. It will serve you better (and longer) than a PPC-based system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.