New to Mac - Yosemite (OS) general question (s)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by BlazingGold, Jan 20, 2015.

1. BlazingGold, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015

BlazingGold macrumors member

Hi,

I might be adding more questions to this thread so rather than keep making threads when I have questions, I will bump this one up each time I do. Also, thank you all in advance for the answers. I appreciate it.

My questions right now are.....(I'm on Yosemite on an iMac 27" retina i5 processor 16gb RAM and the base 290 graphics card)....

1) how do I view all of the apps/documents, etc that I have open? When I go to mission control that just seems to show me desktop (safari open). Launchpad shows me things that I can open if I want to. The icons at the bottom seem the same as launchpad. I have spotify open, a document, messages, mail, safari and iPhoto.....though I can't seem to find a list of all of the open "windows" anywhere, whereas on PC they were simply tabs at the bottom of the screen. I'm using a trackpad by the way

2)this is a brand new company, however opening simple apps that are part of OS (such as notes and the App Store) take literally 15 to 25 seconds. I get a spinning colorful wheel. My internet speed is a speedy 55-65mbps in speed test and quick to load sites and all, however loading up my notes and the app itself (not sure if that's all Internet related, professor, or the OS) takes forever as well as downloading apps from the App Store (25 minutes to download a tiny little game for my child). I've also noticed general lag. Example : I am dragging the edge of a window to make it bigger or smaller.....if I have a website loaded wow picture or lots of text (a usual site), it will be very choppy when moving the mouse and window. However, if there is a blank site on the screen, it will not be choppy and quickly change size.

Thanks everyone!!

2. matt9013 macrumors 6502

matt9013

For question 1 if you have the magic mouse. Tap the mouse with 2 fingers and all pages should open.

2nd question, I'm not sure how to fix but it shouldn't take that long to do those tasks.

3. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Those apps should open instantaneously. Something is definitely wrong there.

4. Steveatesh macrumors regular

Steveatesh

I concur, base RiMac here and everything opens instantly.

Perhaps contact Apple......