New to Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hamlin, Aug 31, 2010.

1. hamlin macrumors regular

Ordered my first Macbook(Mid 2010) off of the Apple store and received it last week.

Just wanted to say I love it!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Congratulations and have fun.

Also have a look at the following links (if you haven't already), as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mac OS X Basics
    Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows​

Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X​

Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X​

Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks​

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints​

Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more​

MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

About viruses and other threatening malware
    There are currently, as of today, NO (ZERO) Mac OS X viruses in public circulation. That may change in the future, but for the last ten years Mac OS X has been void of viruses.​

What is (computer) malware: Wiki, ​

What is crime-ware: report by DHS

About file quarantine in Mac OS X v10.5 and v10.6 - files you download via Safari, iChat, or Mail are checked for safety when you open them​

Software for Mac OS X

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. hamlin thread starter macrumors regular

4. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Welcome to the Mac and welcome to the forums! It's a great place to get answers for most Mac and Apple stuff :)

5. loccomoco macrumors newbie

loccomoco

Gratz, I love my MacBook too, I've had mine since 2006 without any major problems (except battery replacement under warranty). Overall great and sturdy little computers. Max out your ram and throw in a SSD later on down the road!:)