Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowmaster151

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Hi I just bought my first macbook pro and new to the whole mac system. My first question is what programs should I download for my mac? I need program like bitorrent and frostwire, are these programs compatible. Second question is what other programs should i download? this may be a stupid question but is it possible to get viruses in macs?Thanks in advance:)

TopHatPlus

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
Southern Ontario
YES viruses are on macs, although they are very very rare, just be relatively cautious and you should be fine. Istat pro is a great widget, you can google it it tells you all your computers performance, limeware is better then frost wire, they recently did a huge overhaul of limewire and it works well although as far as programs in general if theres a pc version theres a mac version. Pm me if you have any other questions on more specific programs i may be able to help =D

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
YES viruses are on macs, although they are very very rare, just be relatively cautious and you should be fine. Pm me if you have any other questions on more specific programs i may be able to help =D

I have a question, but I'll skip the PM. What virus are you referring too?
GGJs, please don't spoil the surprise ;)

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I have a question, but I'll skip the PM. What virus are you referring too?
GGJs, please don't spoil the surprise ;)
I'm eagerly awaiting the answer, as well! :)
... although, I think it's gonna be a long wait!

... a VERY long wait! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.