new to mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iDennis1994, Oct 28, 2015.

1. iDennis1994 macrumors member

iDennis1994

Hello.

In 2 days, my secondhand macbook pro is coming in, and i have never used a apple product before. I have always used windows ( and still will be ). Is it really hard to understand a mac? or iOS? I will be using the macbook pro basicly, for just facebook, youtube, and some browser games. I got my high end gaming pc for intense gaming. :)

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Just depends. Works pretty much the same way as a PC...only different. :D

You might like to start here:
    https://www.apple.com/uk/support/macbasics/

iPads, iPhones and iPod Touches run iOS. Macs run OS X.

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

It's very similar to a PC.
    They just call it finder instead of explorer and you can't get any viruses.
    That's about it.

4. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Plus you don't get that big blue window of death on a Mac!

5. jhsonderb macrumors newbie

I changed to the Mac system(s) years ago and it was one of the best decisions that I have made in my life. I have no complaints lodged against Windows based products because I haven't used them in 15 years. Perhaps Windows is now great but I changed to Apple products and have never had a reason to look back. I hope you spend a little time getting to know the OSX and IOS software. My aged mother, uncles, aunts, friends, cousins, etc. don't regret changing to Apple products either. I support them all and it has not been a burden. Enjoy your MAC!

6. DFWHD macrumors regular

I converted the family to Macs back in 2012 when two of our windows systems died within weeks of each other and Wibows 8 was launching. At that time the wife could not stand Win 8, but also went kicking and screaming to Mac based on what others had told her about macs (Windows enthusiasts), but quickly noticed how great the Mac platform is. Now she would never consider going back to Windows at home. The other difference you will notice is the difference in how the delete key works.

7. canuckRus macrumors 6502

canuckRus

More instruction:
    < >