New to Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DrSMC, Sep 15, 2011.

1. DrSMC macrumors newbie

After using iPad 2 and iPhone 4 for more than a year, really love it. I am a computer idiot. So I believe apple products are designed for me. (no offense to other apple users)

Now I have replaced my DELL XPS with a Macbook Pro 15". Its really a shock to me. I don't even know how to download a file or install new applications.

Can someone tell me if there is any tutorial for new macbook users?? I really don't want to install windows in my MacBook pro. Please help!!

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

http://www.apple.com/ca/findouthow/mac/

3. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

First, there's a really good detailed instructions booklet included with every MacBook Pro. Helped me out a lot :)
    Second, if you search around on the interwebs you'll find a lot of guides. Use Safari.
    Last resort: Mac OS X for Dummies do exist. But I highly doubt you'll need that, it's already easy enough to use. ;)

Small tip: Tap to click is disabled by default, kind of annoyed me when I first used it. If you want to enable it, go to System Preferences then Trackpad.

4. DrSMC thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all your help!! I just love the mac people... so helpful!!

I will spend some time afterwork and go through these links!!

Thanks!!

5. MacBpro macrumors member

I had the same problem when i switched to Mac 2 years ago. Once I get used to it... you just don't want to go back... enjoy

6. Perihelion macrumors regular

Its a pretty big transition. I recently made the switch from Windows and it took me a good month to start feeling comfortable with it. The good news is that you can find instructions for just about anything on OSX with Google. Saved my but a few times.

7. george-brooks macrumors 6502a

george-brooks