New (to me) 20" iMac G5 1.8Ghz SP (A1076)

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
Thanks to the generosity of redcroissant my family now has this new (to us) iMac!

I've installed Leopard 10.5.8, updated, the Mountain Leopard theme and the G5 version of TenFourFox, but will be limiting my modifications as this is intended to be the family machine and not my personal daily driver (like my Quicksilver).

Very nice system!

The other picture shows all three of my Macs in close proximity. All three are courtesy of redcroissant. The iMac G5 however be moved to the front room shortly.

Attachments

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
Thanks to the generosity of redcroissant my family now has this new (to us) iMac!

I've installed Leopard 10.5.8, updated, the Mountain Leopard theme and the G5 version of TenFourFox, but will be limiting my modifications as this is intended to be the family machine and not my personal daily driver (like my Quicksilver).

Very nice system!

The other picture shows all three of my Macs in close proximity. All three are courtesy of redcroissant. The iMac G5 however be moved to the front room shortly.
That's beautiful, man. What's under the Studio display that's connected to your QS?

And is that the Braveheart soundtrack????? That's even more AWESOME!

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
That's beautiful, man. What's under the Studio display that's connected to your QS?
That's an external Dual Layer optical drive. I bought the case for a 5.25 floppy drive a bazillion years ago, but it works for bare optical drives.

And is that the Braveheart soundtrack????? That's even more AWESOME!
Yep! Found it at Goodwill. Replaces the old soundtrack CD that got stolen the night my wife and I moved in to our first place after getting married (we had a bunch of stuff stolen that night).

P.S. :D iMac is streaming DroneZone behind me, LOL!

----------

Nice! That's a beautiful machine.
Thanks! I really like it!