Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PDACPA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Florida
Ok I finally signed up the Mobile Me trial to see how it worked. My set up is an iphone3G, Vista Laptop (Mostly a windows user here due to work) and a Mac Mini.

I use my Mac Mini's iCal quite a bit and have multiple calendars set up with multiple ToDo (Events). Not quite pleased with how it sorts and sets up ToDo's, but I am making do. ICal stuff works fairly well.

I had no sync set up with anything. So I set up the Mobile Me Trial.

iphone immediatley said it would wipe the phone's calendar data (why not give me a "merge" option) since I enter stuff on my phone whereever I am. Ok, no big deal, I will deal with it.

iCal is terribly slow with IE7. Just use firefox or safari on Windows to make it faster.

My issues that maybe someone can shed some light on:

1. I enter an appointment on my iphone. Nothing has shown up on my Mobile Me calendar. What causes the Sync? I set up the Vista and Mini to sync automattically. The iphone is set to PUSH, but I do not see any options for sync of calendar.

2. Does Mobile Me show your Todo or Events from iCal? The ical calendar's all showed up, but no ToDos.

3. Which calendar events are going to show up on my iphone? I have a variety of calendars on my iCal (Work, Home, Son, Projects, Birthdays, etc).

4. Will it show which calendar event the item is associated with on my iphone? I color code them in iCal (ie Work Calendar todo's are green, personal are blue).

5. My Vista laptop wants to only sync the calendar with Outlook. Can I have it use Windows Calendar? I do not use Outlook on my laptop.

Well so far thats my first day experience and questions. Any help is appreciated.

PDACPA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Florida
Answering part of my own question. I found the "Publish" in the iCal on my Mac Mini. Just published all of the calendars and ToDo's.

PDACPA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Florida
Thanks! That worked. I still cannot get an appt that I made on my iphone to show on me.com.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Thanks! That worked. I still cannot get an appt that I made on my iphone to show on me.com.

I occasionally get this, try going back into the appointment on your phone and making a small change to it, this usually kicks it back to life

For me if I add a lot of entries on the phone, 1 might not sync back, doing the above usually fixes it

PDACPA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Florida
I just added a few new (insignificant items football games on Sunday) and Mobile Me has not shown them on me.com. Yesterday's appointments do not show up either.

I have to say, the point of being able to enter items on the iphone while on the go and know they are being loaded to the "cloud" and then show up on my mac and vista laptop is critical as I will easily forget these items thinking they are there.

I now see why Mobile Me has all the negative press. :confused:

PDACPA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Florida
On my iphone, my calendar app does not look like the one in the attached picture.

I do not have the calendar button at the top left or the bottom right inbox looking item.

Could this be why I have an issue with Mobile Me not syncing any calendar items?

Attachments

• iphonemme.jpg
    iphonemme.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 68
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.