New to notebooks... quick question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whattodo11, Nov 11, 2014.

1. whattodo11 macrumors newbie

I am new to purchasing a notebook so I have a quick question. I am looking at a refurbished Macbook Pro 13-inch 2.26GHz C2D 4.0GB. COmes with wifi as well.
    The cost is $450 with a 90 day warranty. The seller says the computer is roughly 4 years old. Totally refurbished. Is this a good deal as I have no knowledge in this department.
    Thanks!

2. mac8867 macrumors 6502

I am going to go ahead and say "NO," not a good deal. If someone tells you they refurbished something, it was broken... and that same person cannot give you technical specifics like model and year... wait, I change my answer "Hell No"....

Get a refurb from a reputable online seller... there are many (including apple themselves). Check out the buyers forum.

3. crawler1975 macrumors regular

crawler1975

you are better off getting a refurb macbook pro through Apple. It comes with 1 year standard warranty and you can also purchase extended warranty. The only difference between the refurb macbook and a new macbook is the box that comes with it :).

4. whattodo11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry I meant to add this is a Apple reseller and a legit business not some guy online.

5. Freyqq macrumors 68040

By today's standards, it will be slow. I think 450 is a bit high. 350 might be a better deal, as long as it is in good condition with a good battery.

6. MacInTO macrumors 65816

MacInTO

It's a pretty old machine and now worth as much as that.

I think you you want to buy something used and are not familiar, buy it from the Refurbished section on apple.com. You'll at least get the 14-return policy and one year of warranty.

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

While he can upgrade the ram and put an ssd in in that model, I do not think the OP would do that.

My advise: Get the cheapest 2013 mba model you can find in the :apple:store.
    Enjoy! :)