Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

komiothebeat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Corona, CA
:apple: hello MR, im new to OSX and need help, i've tried searching yet am still a little confused on a few things.

i bought the UBMBP 2.4ghz this last weekend and it's amazing, but there are some games that don't have a mac counterpart. So i need to make a partition to put windows on it.

1. Bootcamp is already on my MBP correct? (where at?)
2. when burning an image of a windows cd (.iso) which program do i use? (toast?)
3. When burning the image of the windows cd/dvd, which one do i burn it to? (dvd-r, dvd+r)

thanx for the help in advance, i just didn't want to mess it up or anything.

-komio:apple:

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
:apple: hello MR, im new to OSX and need help, i've tried searching yet am still a little confused on a few things.

i bought the UBMBP 2.4ghz this last weekend and it's amazing, but there are some games that don't have a mac counterpart. So i need to make a partition to put windows on it.

1. Bootcamp is already on my MBP correct? (where at?)
2. when burning an image of a windows cd (.iso) which program do i use? (toast?)
3. When burning the image of the windows cd/dvd, which one do i burn it to? (dvd-r, dvd+r)

thanx for the help in advance, i just didn't want to mess it up or anything.

-komio:apple:

1. Yes. Located in Macintosh HD\Applications\Utilities\
2. Toast would work and is probably most common among Mac users.
3. Doesn't matter, SuperDrive supports both media.

komiothebeat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Corona, CA
3. Doesn't matter, SuperDrive supports both media.

thank you sooo much!

when isntalling windows will it still read both though?
is there any certain way i have to burn the image ( i think someone said ineeded to make sure that it was a bootable disc or something)

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
It should read both. If the image is .iso, whichever program you use will only have option to burn it. Just follow the instructions and you should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.