Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tripitz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
Hi all. After many years of use, I finally retired my old Mac Pro 5.1 and picked up a Studio. I previously used an older 30" Cinema Display and am experiencing wake from sleep issues with the adapter I am using (picked the one users reported the least issues here on the forums). I almost purchased a studio display except after years of using the 30 27 just seems very small. I also use a ~30 inch 4k Dell monitor for work with my windows laptop. I did not find the font size/scaling/clarity to be particularly great with the Dell 4k with Mac OS.

Are there any other realistic offerings than the XDR for a big, bright display? I do not like the Dell 6k. I will uses it mostly for photo editing, spreadsheets, etc. I can stomach the price because the ACD has lasted me ~15 years or so. I do not need 120hz at this time.

Thanks in advance.

Shazaam!

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2009
Proctor VT USA
If you find that the 5K 27-in Studio Monitor is very small compared to the (not 5K) 30-in Cinema Display then the answer is simple. Move the Studio Monitor a couple inches closer to you so that the field-of-view is the same as the Cinema.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Johnf1285

Mac Hammer Fan

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Personally, for me the text clarity of my Dell 32" U3223QE is very satisfying in combination with my Mac Studio.
This is confirmed by this review.

Dell 9.0 vs Apple 9.5​

Reactions: MarkC426

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Jan 25, 2008
I have two LG 32UL950 Thunderbolt IPS 4K monitors, and they look really good in both landscape and portrait. Color sync is fantastic, and they look great at 4K. I do media work on them and I am very satisfied. And, because they are proper Thunderbolt monitors, you can daisy—chain them and use only one Thunderbolt port.

The LG is another monitor that beats the Apple Studio Display hands down…

tripitz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
Thank you all! Will take another look at the 4k offerings mentioned above with the Studio.

Reactions: mr_jomo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.