New to Suave HD - Folder background & icon

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iGeneo, Oct 6, 2010.

1. iGeneo macrumors member

Love the look of Suave HD, but for some reason I have:

These funny "wood" looking folder backgrounds and no icon labels

[​IMG]

Where did I go wrong? :confused:

2. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

If you have no labels, it's due to some winterboard theme. Make sure you don't have "no icon labels" checked, and also you might need to enable "white icon labels" theme to make the text show. As for the folder backgrounds, that might be a modified version of suave you have because I think the original has different ones. Either way, it's an easy fix, just replace the image files with your preferred ones, they're located in Bundles/com.apple.springboard/ I think it's called FolderBGIcon@2x or something like that.

3. iGeneo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply..

Turning off Shrink's "Whiter Labels" brought the springboard labels back, still no labels on the dock?

(And still the wood folder icon background)

Here's my winterboard settings if it helps:

[​IMG]

4. OnNightfall macrumors regular

Where do you find Suave HD? When I search for Suave HD nothing shows up. I see Suave but that does not look HD.

5. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

OPs question has been bugging me for weeks as well, I can for the life of me figure this one out and Google is of no use. The Bundles/com.apple.springboard/ approach is no go as I don't even have that com.apple.springboard folder under my themes...=/ Really appreciate someone stepping fwd with other suggestions

OnNightFall: http://www.mediafire.com/?8jzfyarnz7c9rqx

6. doodude macrumors regular

doodude

I think those wooden backgrounds are kinda kewl, but thats just me.

Pinnochio :p

7. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

well i cant help you with the lables. but i can with the wooden folder and wooden background. Also, changing the background of the folder changes the background of the app switcher below. Just FYI there. I use iFile but Iphone Browser works also.

in your Suave folder in winterboard to go:
    /Bundles/com.apple.springboard

Folder icon: delete or rename "FolderIconBG@2x" , i put a "_1" at the end just in case i wanted to switch it back on.

Folder background: delete or rename "FolderSwitcherBG@2x", again, i put a "_1" at the end just in case i wanted to switch it back on.

With both you can always replace with with your choices. I hope this helps yall out!!

PS Iphone Browser works on non jailbroken iphones also. Just FYI in case you wanted to change icons on non jailbroken phones. Great tool!!

Carlos

8. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

The file that controls the folder icon is FolderIconBG@2x.png in "Suave HD.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/" If you don't have this folder, as someone mentioned, just make it yourself. As for the background that appears when you open a folder, that's FolderSwitcherBG@2x. If you want the stock folder images that /should/ come with Suave, download the original theme from the first post in the MacThemes thread - http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16804800

And the dock labels are also controlled by a Winterboard theme. I have mine disabled and it's done through "No Docked Icon Labels 4.0". If you don't have a similar theme, then it's some other app or theme disabling them, and i'm not sure what that is.

9. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

los318/murdercitydevil, combining both your posts did the trick. Thanks!! :cool:

10. iGeneo thread starter macrumors member

11. iGeneo thread starter macrumors member

Thank you... I thought I'd track down the problem with the dock labels, turned everything off and they came back. So, I re-enabled SuaveHD and it was the only thing enabled and there were no dock icon labels :confused:

i downloaded my SuaveHD from here: http://suavehd.xengi.org/

12. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

There may be a string that changes this in the theme's info.plist file, or maybe some other factor. But that's weird, I never knew it disabled them. Maybe try checking the plist?

Edit: yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it is. In my info.plist there's a line that says <key>UndockedIconLabelStyle<key> and then a <string> that specifies the color and font size. I assume this changes the normal icons not in the dock. Try adding these two lines into your info.plist

<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: rgba(255,255,255,0.9); font-size: 10;</string>

The 0.9 changes opacity, AFAIK, and might need to be set to 1 for full white text.

13. iGeneo thread starter macrumors member

That was it...

The line was already there, the color was set to "transparent"

Thanks!

14. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Good thread. Nice work everyone! I've run into the plist issue on many themes lately. Good to know your html color codes and such if you want to customize those labels.

15. buzzluck macrumors newbie

Running ios 4.1 on a ip4 and for the life of me i can't get the ONLY docked icon labels to be transparent. when i edit the info.plist file from the root of my theme, both docked and undocked icons to be transparent

<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: transparent; text-shadow: transparent 0px 1px 0px;</string>

How can i change only docked icons (not undocked icons) labels transparent?