New to the Forum... Ipad presentations?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by malleymal, Aug 11, 2011.

1. malleymal macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and first off wanted to say hello to everyone. I used this forum the last couple days to help decide on what iMac to get and it was a great help.

Onto my current issue. I have an iPad2 and actually just purchased 6 of them for my office to use when we are out marketing my University. I wanted to know what is the best way that this can be done.. Can I design something in power point or would I need a certain program to make an app? I am really looking to have something like what the iPad2s have in the Apple stores now. They are next to each product and they have descriptions and comparisons. I like the way that works.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. psonice macrumors 6502a

They're probably using something custom-built in the apple stores, and powerpoint isn't available (until microsoft pull their fingers out..)

Try Keynote, it's the apple equivalent to powerpoint, and there's a native iPad version available for small change on the app store. It's available for the mac too.

3. shrimpergarry macrumors newbie

4. malleymal thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot for the info everyone. I am going to look into the Keynote app. I like the 2screen one as well. We have one on one meetings with families looking at my school and I want to hand them the ipad and they can look at the course loads and see photos and key points. I guess Keynote can help me with this. Thanks again !