New to the Forum

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jayhove, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Jayhove macrumors newbie

I just bought a new Mac book (white) and I'm not a "whiz kid" with apple computer but I'm a fast learner and wants to know everything. I plan on using the comp for everthing school, music, movie, work, surffing, everything So I was wondering how I should go about setting up the comp, any advise would be great on websites, links and other helpful tips. And would appreciate a few recommended websites to download software’s (MS & others AP) to get me going. And anything anyone can think of I need to do and know please just let me know. The accessories I need to protect my computer and at the same time enjoy it. I bought apple care for the computer and thast's it. I mostly need help on how to really set up the comp and get software’s to use it.

Thanks.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Welcome to the fold. Avoid Microsoft software where possible, and never waste money on anti-virus and that ilk; you don't need it.

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

4. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

5. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Welcome. For links to software, you could do worse than visiting MacUpdate. They post links to updates as they occur so it's worth checking back regularly.

6. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

Welcome!I don't have any link to send to you but you are going to learn a lot of stuff around here!!

Congrats for your new MB!!!!!!!!

7. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

8. Jayhove thread starter macrumors newbie

New to the Forum

Thanks for all the advices everyone!!!!!!!