Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zell84

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
I'm completely new to the jailbreaking thing. I just wanted to know if it was possible to sync my phone with the calender, music, address book, etc on my mac if it is hacked with redsn0w & cydia. Thank you for the help.

tctuner7

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2009
after jail breaking you can do everything you use to do with ur phone. The only thing that will screw up is if you update your phone or restore, then the jail break will be erased.

So use itunes like your normally do and you'll be fine.

Zell84

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
But when I hook up my phone to itunes it asks me to register a new phone or restore it to my old back up. Do I just choose new phone then and go from there?

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
But when I hook up my phone to itunes it asks me to register a new phone or restore it to my old back up. Do I just choose new phone then and go from there?

That shouldn't happen. You did something wrong. Read through one of the many "How to Jailbreak" threads in this forum to see how to do it correctly.

Zell84

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
I figured it out. Thanks for the help and I appreciate your patience when it comes to noobs like myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.