New to the iPad...have an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cathexist, Mar 8, 2011.

1. cathexist macrumors newbie

I'm most likely purchasing an iPad 2 this Friday or shortly after (depending on availability locally, or ordering online...also waiting on my tax refund).

I have an iPhone 4 and have been thoroughly enjoying it, and that brings me to my question.

When I start getting apps onto my iPad, will it automatically know what apps that I have in iTunes for my iPhone have an iPad specific version and download that automatically for me? or will I have to start hunting down which ones I need to re-download?

2. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Apps which work on both iPhone and iPad can be synced as soon as you connect the iPad to computer. For iPad only versions you wil have to go and find / pay for. Such as Angry birds HD and so on.

3. DylanY macrumors newbie

iPad Webcam, Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 Pro

So I'm not exactly sure, but I've heard of the iPad webcam, and I'm thinking about buying it, I need to know if it is compatible with the iPad and will it work with apps such as: Skype, Tango, or FaceTime. If anybody has had the Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 Pro, please do write back. This is a $200 webcam alone on Microsoft, and only $80 if you buy it in some kind of package deal. In the description of it, it says it will work with the Apple iPod and Microsoft Zune but I was just wondering if the Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 Pro will work with the Apple iPad, I would appreciate it if I got some replys.:D

4. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

Microsoft is no longer even selling/supporting Zune, so I would not buy anything to do with Zune. I don't have the Microsoft software, but I don't think it would be compatible with the iPad. Why not just buy a 16GB iPad2 that comes with a camera & facetime software built it for $500 or you could even get a iPod Touch for $229 with Facetime capabilities if you want to spend less.