New to the Ipod Touch. A few questions.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ooitsmagic58, Sep 25, 2008.

1. ooitsmagic58 macrumors newbie

So I finally decided to upgrade from my old ipod classic (we are talking before color/video/pictures. Dropped it the other day and the screen cracked and now i can't see what songs are playing, but it still does play music.) Anyway back to the point, I picked up a new 32gb touch and so far have only had a few questions.

1. Is there a way to delete the icons that I do not have use for. Such as the stock icon and map icon or must they stay?

2. A few days ago I downloaded a couple of free tv shows from itunes. After watching them on my ipod touch they no longer appeared on the ipod, but they still show up in my itunes. Are TV shows like movies where you only rent them or did they somehow just get deleted and i need to put them back on?

3. If I have other movies/tv shows already on my computer can I put them on my touch?

4. What is Jailbreaking and is it worth possibly getting in trouble over?

Also looking at the application store is a bit overwhelming, so any apps that pepole find really useful/fun would also be welcomed.

Thanks for the help

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

1. They stay unless you jailbreak and mess with that.
    2. They were deleted to save space. Putting them back on should leave them on.
    3. You may need to convert them, but yes.
    4. The only trouble in which you will get is Apple voiding your warrantee if they CATCH you.

3. jnolas2 macrumors member

1. As far as I know you cannot delete any of the Apple applications. I'm not sure if you can if you jailbreak.

2. Usually iTunes is setup so that once you watch a TV show and sync your iPod again, it will delete the episodes you've already watched. This works out well so that you can sync newer episodes you have not seen yet. You can change this settings under the video tab of your iPod in iTunes.

3. If you have your movies/tv shows in iTunes, you can more than likely put them on your iPod. It depends on the format your movies/tv shows are in.

4. Jailbreaking allows you to install other applications on your iPod that don't come through the App Store. I have not jailbroken my iPhone, so I can't really speak much about this. I know others will be able to explain that much better.