Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Quesavilla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
What's up fella's. I am in no way new to Apple and have followed them since I got my hands on the very first Iphone when it first arrived and have had every Iphone since. For years I have been in the market for a MPB but could never afford it...till now. Then theres the iPad.

I haven't had a computer to myself in a long while, last one was a PC desktop that took a **** and I lost everything...luckily everything I need is on my phone though...so my question is this.

Can I not buy an Ipad and use this as a primary source of storing my music, photos, videos, etc...? I am looking for something I can just use to surf the web and do daily things with at home instead of on my phone all the time.

Can I plug my phone into it and sync it that way? Basiclly, use iTunes the same way as a MBP. If I lost my phone I lose EVERYTHING.

It seems like a waste of money for me to buy MBP just to use it for the simple things, but at the same time they make it so I can't use the iPad for the average computer tasks...Plus, Its a cheaper alternative to a MBP. IM STUCK!! arrgghh

What can I do?

Quesavilla

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

There's 30 post all related to the same topic that everyone hops all over, I ask a legit question and not one person can even give me a "no". Thanks for the help MR!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.