new to this need some help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gordborg, Oct 12, 2011.

1. gordborg macrumors newbie

i have a iphone 3g i took the sim card out lost it. it was a rogers one. Now my friend wants the phone she is with bell. i know i need to unlock the phone in order for her to use it on bell network. i cant do it with out the sim card, do i get a rogers one or a bell one to unlock it so she can use it on her bell server?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You can do it without the sim card.

Before you can proceed further, we need firmware version and baseband on your phone so we can route you to the next step.

Or If you need tutorial, www.Iclarified.com or redmondpie.com are where you get it from.

3. gordborg thread starter macrumors newbie

how do i find the firmware and bandbase...sorry like i said new i am

----------

when i turn on the phone it tells me no sim card and tells me to plug it into itunes there is no apps or anything

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

plug it into intues

5. gordborg thread starter macrumors newbie

i did plug it in to itunes iphone shows up on left hand side but does nothing when i click on it. :confused:

----------

it is in emergency call mode:(

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you have an AT&T sim laying around, just stick it in, hook it up to Itunes and you will by pass the emergency screen. Any old/inactivate AT&T sim will work.

7. gordborg thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont have a sim card laying around. but if i used one from another phone will it affect that sim card if i jailbreak it???

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

I notice that you are in Canada and with Roger. So, I believe the phone is locked to Rogers network. You can use any Rogers's sim card, pop it in and hook it up to itunes. You will be able to by pass the emergency screen.

9. gordborg thread starter macrumors newbie

ill just have to go to rogers get a sim card then i will be able to jailbreak. i have a program to restore my fireware from unlocker pro.com they tell me to hold shift and restore in itunes and download from the program i downloaded from there site called iphone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_restore.ipsw its a zipped file so i unzip it and search for the firmware (after i hit shift restore and it does not find anyfiles to restore to???

----------

ill just have to go to rogers get a sim card then i will be able to jailbreak. i have a program to restore my fireware from unlocker pro.com they tell me to hold shift and restore in itunes and download from the program i downloaded from there site called iphone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_restore.ipsw its a zipped file so i unzip it and search for the firmware (after i hit shift restore in itunes) and it does not find any files to restore to???

10. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You don't need to do that though. Since you have an Iphone 3G where the latest firmware is 4.2.1. Just hook it up to Itunes. Put it into DFU mode and Itunes will allow you to restore to this firmware.

Once you done, just hactivate it with redsn0w and you will have a jailbreak iphone.