New to watch. Have a few questions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Fpb1980, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Fpb1980 macrumors member

Hello Everyone,

I just bought the AWS with the nylon band and like it so far. I have a couple of questions:

1. At my work, you have to join the wifi network by obtaining a pin code and enter your cell phone number. There is no password like traditional networks and my watch isn't connecting to the wifi. I have followed all of the recommendations from previous posts but haven't had any luck. Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation? I believe it is an enterprise network.

2. Is there any way to turn off time travel without changing to a certain watch face?

3. This might be a silly question but has anyone had a side effects from wearing the watch?

Thanks.

2. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Sadly, the Apple Watch won't connect to know wi-fi networks that require input to continue.

There is no way to turn off time travel. Maybe someone found a way but I don't think so.

A few people got a rash from certain bands or even the back of the Watch depending on their allergic reactions or wearing too long for a rash from heat or sweat. Not many overall though. The sport and Apple Watch have different material on the back.

3. Fpb1980 thread starter macrumors member

4. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes

5. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

One of the top items listed as new features on the next version is the ability to connect to any wi-fi. Independent from the phone. At least that is the rumor. Thankfully when I go into the office, our internal wi-fi password doesn't change and I can be up on the 7th floor while my phone is down on 1 and everything works great. :)

6. Fpb1980 thread starter macrumors member

thank you. We used to have that but they change the wifi a few months ago to this horrible new system.