new too mac, need to make a choice. suggestions plz.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brandon2886, Oct 28, 2008.

  1. brandon2886 macrumors newbie

    Oct 28, 2008
    Hi, I recently got accepted into a college for the spring. I will be going into the cinema and photography program and they require a Mac book pro. I always knew I would have to get a Mac at some point and the time is now. The week after I applied is when the new MBP 15 inch was introduced, and I was very disappointed to see they didn’t do much with the 17inch MBP. I was planning on getting the 17 MBP but now with new one I don’t know what to do. My only dilemma is this, I could order the new 15inch right away and it will be just fine for me, or wait it out and see if they introduce a 17inch in December or very early in January. I would much rather, have the bigger screen, but might not have time to wait and see what the come out with because I will be going to school around mid January. I have read a bunch of different rumors around the 17inch, some say in a few months, some say they are trying to phase out the bigger MBP, and other say they might have it out for early January at Mac World in San Fran. Can anyone help with this, and is there any reliable information I can use.
  2. bengal85 macrumors regular


    Oct 22, 2008
    well if you are going to be doing photo editing and video editing or stuff like that than definitely go with mac but if you are not going to be dealing with this to much or not at all save some money and get a HP or a Dell.

    There are programs out there that will do photo and video editing on windows but they are not as good as on a mac
  3. noah82 macrumors 6502a


    Oct 16, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I am really sorry, but it must be a really crappy school if their applicants cannot spell "got accepted"
  4. brandon2886 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Oct 28, 2008
    yes, i will be doing a lot of photo and video editing, and they require a MBP. I've always used pc's and it would be much easier and cheaper to buy a top of the line PC laptop but thats out of the question. So now its do i wait it out or not.
  5. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

    Jul 12, 2008
    i say wait a little bit to see if they release a 17 inch model
  6. KilljoyPBN macrumors regular

    Oct 14, 2008
    Let's be a little more critical of people on an internet forum simply looking for advice...
  7. zer0tails macrumors 65816


    Mar 23, 2008
    could have been a typo. Chill.

    The 17 inch is nice but it'll be much less portable. If you're cool with that then wait and see, I think it'll be awesome.

    But otherwise, the 15" will be just as awesome.

Share This Page