New Top Spec MacBook Pro 2015 15inch sent back again

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Roberto Barcellona, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Roberto Barcellona macrumors member

Hi all

I don't know if you remember but I sent back my original new MacBook Pro 15inch because of an issue with a screen.

Apple were very good and got replacement sent to be very fast.

However this was just a start of another problem. I was having issues with the new one I was sent in regards to the graphics card. I tried everything to resolve the problem myself and then finally contacted Apple. They made me feel it was a software problem, I strongly argued with them that it wasn't.

They eventually decided that they would have it picked up and change the components inside, even though they thought it was a software problem, they told me they don't usually do this.

Today I spoke to the repair guys, Group 8, who originally fixed my 2010 MacBook Pro for a hardware issue, they told me that the dGPU is faulty and the whole motherboard needs to be changed.

Was so disappointed but at least now they will send it back to me having tested everything is working properly.

I wouldn't risk getting sent a new one, would be to worried.

I'm always paranoid now when I buy Apple products! lol

Roberto

2. mlsusa macrumors regular

3. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

Rendering, viewing and exporting videos in FCPX quality issue. Also very hot when rendering. The videos still looked great but not as good as they should be the equipment I use to record.

Bought compressor because thought that was the problem with quality issues (I shoot 4k). The compressor is what set more alarm bells ringing, some of the menus in compressor had pixilated writing.

Diagnostics showed no hardware problems, I knew it was hardware and so wanted it to be software.