New touch arriving today ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BradOntCa, Jan 19, 2011.

1. BradOntCa macrumors member

Hi everyone. My new touch is being delivered today and I have a question. 1st of all I don't like itunes at all and hardly ever use it. I live in Canada but I'm in the U.S.A right now at my girlfriends. I synced my old ipod touch to her (now old pc) when I 1st bought it then to my pc when I went back home to Canada. If I remember correctly (with itunes) we are only allowed to use up to 5 computers with our ipod touch's. I'm wondering if I sync this new touch to my girlfriends new computer will this mean I used 3 computers now with itunes? I'm not even sure I'm making sense here so please correct me if I'm missing something. I really want to wait till I get back to Canada to my computer to sync this new touch but I want to make sure everything works ok before I leave the U.S. Thanks for any help.

2. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

You can only assign 5 computers to each downloaded app or song, if you sync with her computer, as long as there are no downloaded apps or songs on your iPod, then you wont have to authourise your computer. You can authourise 5 computers, but once all 5 have been used, you can go onto iTunes and de-auth all of them

3. BradOntCa thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Thanks Mike. I appreciate it.