New Touch: First annoyance with podcasts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by micsaund, Nov 24, 2007.

1. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

I've got a week 41 and so far, it's perfect -- except for two minor annoyances.

Several podcasts I've subscribed to have both audio and video episodes in their feed.

1) The video podcasts also appear in the Music->Podcasts. There is nothing that I have noticed which indicates that an episode is a video podcast. Playing it from Music plays just the audio portion. Since some podcasts mix audio-only and video in their feeds, there's no indication that I should view the video from within the Music list.

2) Playing the video podcast from the Video section works as expected, yet it does not tag the podcast as "not new" in the Audio section.

These definitely aren't show-stoppers, but it would be nice to have a VIDEO podcast played with video, even if from the Music->Podcasts menu. That way, I don't have to manually remember whether to view a particular episode from the Video or Music menu. It's just an extra step that doesn't seem necessary with such an advanced device.

Mike

2. LeaverX macrumors member

Yea a bit annoying but still, its pretty good if you can remember what you've seen and which series are videos.