new trackpad actually an improvement

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by wetcanvas, Apr 23, 2015.

1. wetcanvas macrumors regular

I know not many may agree but I was playing with one of the new trackpads today and they are really nice. It really does feel like a click just about anywhere you push. Also everyone saying the trackpad doesnt move is a little misleading. I have tried 4 of these trackpads and its not solid. There is some play and movement when you push down on it. not much but it does move a little. The guy shut down the machine for me and showed me the difference when its off and there is a little play when you push (although no click).

I didnt think they could make the trackpad any better but they actually did. Now im really itching for a upgrade.

2. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

Yes... there is definitely some movement. All you have to do to see it is just look at the corners when you press on the trackpad and you clearly see the trackpad go down. It goes down just a hair, but it still moves. The interesting part is the force click where it feels that it moves further, but it doesn't (at least not to my eye).

3. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

turn your laptop off and try

4. Atimix macrumors member

It's amazing how many people think this. It really is black magic.

5. matthewHUB macrumors 6502

Finally got a chance to try them in London. I hate to break it to you, but all the display units had trackpads that "moved". You can clearly depress the trackpad 0.5-0.75mm without much "effort" pressing. I don't understand whether they were defective or whether there's just that much play in the mechanism?