New Trackpad Features; Software or Hardware?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Adrianus, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Adrianus macrumors member

Ok, we all know how the trackpads on the new MacBooks can do all sorts of things now (eg. zoom like the iPhone). I was wondering if this was a matter of software or hardware. This is because i have Mac OS X Leopard on my iBook and was wondering if there was a way i could get all these goodies too:)

2. kolax macrumors G3

No...it is a hardware limitation.

You really think a 6 year old computer would be capable of doing things that only now have made their way into computers?

3. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Two finger scrolling and two fingers on trackpad click for right click works on some iBooks with Leopard. The options will be in System Prefs.
    I know mine does ~ Last version G4 1.42GHz 14" + SuperDrive. Purchased New in March'06. (Still has AppleCare)

Only the four finger option is missing on my mid '08 MacBook Pro's trackpad and some owners have changed that with a couple of Hacks.

So although some trackpad options are hardware based some are software based..

4. Adrianus thread starter macrumors member

Cool that´s what i wanted to know. I noticed that with leopard there were some new things i could do but not everything.