New Trackpad Keyboard Design

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by benwa02, Sep 27, 2008.

1. benwa02 macrumors 6502

Seeing the movement to the "Multi-Touch" style... I thought we may eventually see the trackpad being introduced into the keyboard to allow the same functionality. I can see this possibly killing the arrow buttons.

What do you guys think? (I created the comp)

[​IMG]

2. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

I don't see it replacing the arrow keys. Apple could simply add a few inches to the keyboard (since it's so small) and throw in a multi-gesture trackpad.

Personally I would love to see this added.

3. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

this would be an awesome feature and i agree with the above poster but if something has to go then it makes sense to get rid of the arrows as the trackpad would surely act appropriately to replace them....

4. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

Right now I can't imagine myself using a keyboard effectively without the arrow keys.

I know better than to say "never", but it would take some very creative implementation of the "Multi-Touch" to get me onboard if adding it means killing the arrows.

5. gotzero macrumors 68040

I would like the current BT keyboard with a air-style touchpad to the right. It would be smaller than the current wired keyboard.

This would make couch computing a reality for me. I have found since getting a multi-touch trackpad that I am occasionally missing the features when I am using a full keyboard and a mouse, something I never thought would happen. This feeling will only increase as the additional multi-touch gestures are let loose for the trackpads.