new trend i notice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shawndc1, May 5, 2014.

1. shawndc1 macrumors regular

ive been reading on here lately about people who have dropped their iphones in water and it still works...well today at work, my co-worker dropped her iphone 5c in the kitchen sink while washing out her bowl earlier, its 1:53pm eastern, this happend around 10am and her phone is fully functional..does anyone know why iphones are working even after dropped in water?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Every situation is going to be different but if your iPhone suffers liquid damage, you most likely have significantly shortened it's life even if it still works afterwards.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Same reason some people phone does not break when they drop it on concrete and others break if it falls over on a desk.

Tell you friend that it can take days before a problem could show up or it may never effect the phone.

4. rillrill macrumors 6502

rillrill

the more rugged these phones get the better. i dipped my iPhone 5s in my beer by accident. took it out of the glass immediately and turned it off. dried it off and blew in the exposed holes. the next day it worked perfectly fine. you always think you'll be careful, then something stupid happens. my next phone will have to be water proof with a more shatter resistant screen.

5. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

It depends on the duration of exposure. If people pulled out their iPhones out of the drink quickly, it may be pure luck of the draw that two circuits were not shorted. But that doesn't preclude it from happening even if the water exposure was for a fraction of a second. Also, any effects from corrosion will likely manifest over time.