New trend with games for PC and Mac now

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by nec207, Jun 28, 2012.

1. nec207 macrumors 6502

Is this a new trend with games for PC and mac now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUX6zckNnig&NR=1&feature=endscreen

It took many hits to kill this monster . Time 2 minutes and 30 seconds than other monster in the same spot .

Time 10 minutes and 30 seconds for one spot in the game for two monster . And I'm falling a sleep watching this !!

Any of the games I have is not like this at all . It take any where from 2 to 4 hits to kill monster or creatures. Now and than you will get hard monster or creatures when the game goes to next level or story.

This not only game like Tera that like this there some other games I know like this !!

IS this new trend now with games?

2. Ap0ks macrumors 6502

It's a MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) game, which most of the time the point is to have multiple players working together to defeat boss creatures. If you could kill every boss with 3 or 4 hits then it doesn't exactly encourage teamwork between players...

That's not to say these games don't have normal enemies that you can kill with 3 or 4 hits, it's just nobody records videos of that sort of thing, it's all about the boss kills for videos.

3. nec207 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay I think it the MMO games that is confusing me. And I think WoW is like Tera . I never play MMO games.

If you choose not to play Tera online than it is not like that? I know with WoW you have to play online and you cannot play off line.

Do these games have story and levels?

4. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Instance bosses are supposed to take time. I played Tera EU beta a bit, and most mobs out in the world are killed in 3-5 hits. ALso the boss encounter took quite some time, because most of the DPS decided to die pretty early..

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Not sure if its still as uber hard as back in the day but look for a video of people fighting the Pandemonium Warden from Final Fantasy 11. The last I remember is a huge team quit after 22 hours of fighting the thing.

6. Chilaha macrumors member

The games do have a story. But, since MMOs usually take place in a world. There isn't technically levels, just a giant online "world".

7. nec207 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay but can you play this game with out internet or is like WOW where you must play online?

8. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

It's called Terra Online...take a wild guess.

9. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

Wait, what about Ultima Online? Lord of the Rings Online? What's with this internet thing, anyways? :p

10. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

It's just a fad, it will never catch on.