Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dugbug

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 23, 2008
Somewhere in Florida
Oh thank god. Despite not being in the US that button was now suddenly launching a very non-functional app instead of taking me to the home screen. Looks like only iTunes videos are supported, of which I have ...two.

even in the US its only premium additions at the moment: hulu, hbo, stars, showtime. Then the CW channel I think is the only non-premium subscription.

There are two flaws I see thus far:
1. The app is unaware of your watch queue from hulu (which is the only compatible service I have for the TV app). So if you have seen most of a series, it always suggests the first episode until you launch the app from the correct series and 'watch it', then return.

2. The 'videos' tab where you see your purchased content has two filters: TV and Movies and has no genre views. Its just like the iOS videos app but with a search field at the top which limits the usefulness when you have a lot of videos (I have hundreds). So you just have miles of poster art (most of which nobody really recognizes in this digital age) and no movie names unless you visit them, .

I wish genres were more like tags and the videos view worked like tags were folders.

Reactions: ErikGrim
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.