NEW Ultra Series from SGP

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mychu, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Mychu macrumors newbie

Hello to Everyone. This is my first post here :)

I'm going to buy SGP Ultra Series Film for my new, white iPhone 4S. I'm thinking about Ultra Fine or Ultra Optics film.

Have you seen NEW Ultra Series from SGP?
    http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/...een-protector-steinheil-ultra-series-new.html

The package now includes front and back film :D
    Ultra Fine is 21% more Light Transmittance than in previous version. Ultra Optics is not available at this moment...

Did anybody order or test it?
    May I please any pics?

2. Olllie macrumors newbie

I'm using ultra crystal and it's been fantastic so far.

It was a dry install which I did immediately after unboxing my 4s and it went on perfectly first time. Screen is as responsive as ever.

3. Mychu, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011

Mychu thread starter macrumors newbie

Have you noticed any difference between previous and new version?

According to the website, Ultra Optics has light transmittance increased by 50% but is out of stock right now :(

4. andyx3x macrumors 65816

The Ultra Optics is very nice but the only problem is after a while(3-4 weeks) some fingerprints start to show up and they are a little difficult to clean off.

The Ultra Fine is a good anti-fingerprint screen protector. It dulls the screen a little but really keeps the fingerprints off.

5. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

6. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

ugh. I have a feeling I'm going to be aweful when it comes to this stuff. I have been reading and reading and reading in prep for my phone to arrive. I like the SGP stuff BECAUSE it comes with the front/back film AND it looks so nice... but the protection factor doesn't seem as solid as with some other alternatives. I need something drop-proof. Or at least very very resistant... first and foremost.

If I could get away with it, I'd get one of the slik looking bumper things but I doubt it will provide me the protection I personally need.

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

I have used the Ultra fine for most of this year. Its terrific. Smooth with minimal light loss.

I tried the ultra crystal, but it ended up being annoying so I dumped it. Fingerprints were hard to remove. Rainbow effect in daylight sucked.

Have also used their olypheobic and its good but mucks up over time.