new uMBP -- odd battery stats

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daver.cl, Jun 16, 2009.

1. daver.cl macrumors member

hey folks,

just got my mid-2009 uMBP today. i calibrated the battery, and right now at 100% charge with >100% health, it's reporting only 4 hrs, 20 minutes on a full charge. is something wrong here? also, why is my mac 6 weeks old? thanks.

(pic attached)

Attached Files:

2. ryannn macrumors newbie

What's your screen's brightness at, along with your keyboard's backlight? If they're at full like I'm assuming that'll significantly reduce the battery's life. Going purely off the estimate is a bad idea, it fluctuates too much based on the current CPU load, etc. And just to note, the advertisements say the batteries last UP TO 7 hours, not at least 7 hours.

3. Bigabouli macrumors member

hey, i'm new to mac - how exactly do you calibrate the battery?

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

By looking for "MacBook battery calibration" and finding: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490 .

To the OP:

The machine has to be old somehow, as Apple had to have some machines made, so they won't run into a shortage, as those are quite good machines and buying season for the new semester has begun. As Apple has only the ability to produce a finite number of MBPs per day, they had to create a stockpile, and your seems to be one of the first or middle batch.