New Unibody! Archive and Install or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jmann, Mar 24, 2009.

1. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    So I just upgraded to my fantastic Unibody MacBook today, and it's been a pretty frustrating few hours, after making two trips to two different stores to find the right screwdrivers, I finally was able to move my hard drive from my old white MacBook to the new unibody. I booted it up and it seems to be running great, but my main concern was if I should do an archive and install since this is a totally new computer? I was reading a thread here and someone suggested that. Is it necessary if it is running fine? And also I was trying to find out if the was a way to restore my files to their original locations from the "Previous System" folder without doing it by hand? I couldn't find an answer for that last one. Any help is appreciated. :)

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I prefer doing fresh installs on new machines to clear out all the accumulated junk.

3. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

well you can do a timemachine backup of your whitemacbooks harddrive then when you first boot up your alumacbook you can restore it from where the white macbook was.