New unibody MBP, right speaker rattle, and replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by OverSpun, Dec 27, 2008.

1. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

I have a new 2.8ghz MBP and only with certain sounds as other threads have stated, the right speaker will rattle. I mainly notice it with the 'hero' tone which I use for new mail, and I also noticed that if I push down a little on the right speaker grille it clicks a little bit. I posted in the other recent thread about it but nobody responded.... Is this an issue every mbp has at this point? Its definitely not the speaker since something is rattling in there...

Has anyone had this fixed, or replaced with a computer that doesnt do it? Lastly... what sort of time frame do I have for swapping it for a brand new one and not a refurb... This computer was not cheap, so I'd obviously prefer to receive a brand new replacement if thats what needs to be done.

Thanks!

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Replacing it would be a wise choice :) besides that's what the 14 days are for...

3. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

If you bring it to your genius bar within 14 days you will get a new model as a replacement. After, they will repair it. You are never given a refurb in exchange for a new model.

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust