New unlock on the way

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bjerkins, Dec 20, 2010.

1. bjerkins macrumors member

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Not sure what's the "news" here, they have been working on it for quite some time, which is all what those tweets says "working on the unlock". Dev team have said they are close, and that the Xmas time frame seen "doable" but we'll have to wait and see.

3. pastarojna macrumors member

pastarojna

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

:D You're hilarious. Unlock and fast are not two words that go together. The only reason I still have 1.59 on 4.1 is because I used a custom iOS made with pwnage.

5. bjerkins thread starter macrumors member

I've only read that sherif_hashim has done some baseband crashes that might be used to develop the unlock.

I have not read any news or tweets from them that said it would be done in 'x'-time, until now.

So that was my question, is this legit news? And I think it is. I think the dev-team has some Christmas presents for us after all :)

My guess is that the untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 and unlock will be released at the same time. And it's a wild guess!

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I guess you need to follow the right people them, it have been said a lot and for a while now. ;)

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

sites or people like this are only living of other peoples fame Aka Geohot they have nothing to do with him. there is also Spiritjb.org again nothing to do with @comex. but you won't here that from them. Dev-team has the people to fallow right on there blog.

Twitter
    Team
    bugout
    bushing
    comex
    CPICH
    Jason Bourne iZsh
    marcan
    MuscleNerd
    planetbeing
    pumpkin
    pytey