New unlocked 4s question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Elbert C, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Elbert C macrumors 6502

How the heck do I open the sim card slot? I tried pushing in the provided tool into the little hole pretty hard but the slot isn't budging. Is there a certain way to open the sim card slot?

----------

Nevermind. I finally got it to open. :eek: :cool:

2. lilkangster macrumors member

3. Elbert C thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't know how hard it is to open other iPhones sim card slots, this is our first iPhone. I was holding it with my hand on my leg and I thought it was pretty hard to open with the amount of pressure I was applying with the supplied tool and a paperclip. I eventually opened it when I laid it on it's side on a desk.
    After all that work :p I found out the sim card from our samsung phone was too big. :mad: Time to either order a micro sim card or use a cutter on the old one.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You don't need to push it that hard to get it open. If you do, there must be something with your phone sim tray which i believe got stuck.

Who is your cell phone carrier? just go to them, the might be able to give you a new sim and even cut it down to micro sim for you.

5. Elbert C thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought that too. I just hope that's the only thing wrong with it.

GCI. Easier said than done. I live in rural AK way out of the road system. Gave them a call earlier and they said that they don't ship sim cards. :mad::confused: