New upcoming Ipod Touch 3rd generation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RobMtl007, Aug 20, 2009.

1. RobMtl007 macrumors newbie

Greetings:

In September there will be the 3rd generation Ipod touch.

When I buy this new Ipod touch can all my apps be transfered to it from

my current Ipod Touch which is a 1 st generation.

Or do I have to repurchase all my apps all over again.

regards Robert

2. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

yep they can all be transferred no problem. all you need to do it plug it into your itunes and it will sync them all to your new ipod

3. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Yep, he's right..It's very simple.

4. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

I'm sorry, but at this point none of us know this to be the case.

5. Tigger11 macrumors 6502

Actually you seem to be the only one that doesnt know this, I can understand not believing in the camera in a weird I hate cameras in non-camera devices way, but do you really believe we arent going to see new Ipod Touchs on the 9th or are you just being contrary? I'm going to start getting all you silly people to bet me $50 a silly belief and I'm going to rake in the money come the 9th.
    -Tig

6. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

We "know" there will be some announcements on the 9th. They may announce and demonstrate a new Touch, and it might have a camera. We don't know that for sure though.

What we don't know is if new Touches will be available for purchase on the same day as the announcement (Sept 9). Apple often shows off new products without shipping them until later dates. It's just as likely that the announcement day will be the first day you can pre-order a new Touch, with the promised shipping date to be later.

Yes, we're all silly people. Welcome to the club, tig. :D

7. kiddk1 macrumors regular

I just got my Ipod Touch last week, I am now contemplating returning it.

8. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

I would return it if I were you. You'll be able to buy 3rd Gen iPod Touch in 3 weeks... that is 'most likely'.

9. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

Historically, Apple have updated the entire iPod line every September - why should this year be any different?

Also, they wouldn't announce a new line up of iPods to then release them days later, because if they do that, no-one would buy the ones on sale in the shops.

10. Dale Sorel macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Really... I'll see you on the 9th :)

11. Tigger11 macrumors 6502

Actually I dont think they have ever announced an IPOD product and not shipped it that day, they definitely havent done that over the last two years since we started with the Ipod Touch. In addition, since Best Buy, Walmart and Target all are clearing the old Ipods for room for the new Ipods (I saw them doing it at Walmart at 7am yesterday), its not likely they are doing that to announce on the 9th that we will be shipping next week. On the 7th or 8th we'll start seeing pictures of the boxes as they come into the stores.
    -Tig

12. Tigger11 macrumors 6502

Actually I'm going to be on vacation for two weeks starting the 1st, so I'll leave and we'll still be arguing and I come back and 4D will be telling us about how the darn UPS guy didnt drop off his Zune HD, or left it in the rain.
    -Tig

13. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

There will eventually be a new iPod touch. It may or may not be in September. But when it does come, you will definitely be able to just sync it to the same iTunes account that you bought any previous apps on and either have the apps downloaded again directly onto the new touch (if the apps are present on whatever computer you are running iTunes on) or be able to download the apps again for free through iTunes and then sync them onto the new touch (if you use a different computer to sync the new touch but log into the same iTunes account). It has worked this way for three models of the iPhone and two models of the touch (either upgrading or even just replacing with the same version of hardware if one is lost, stolen or broken), so it would be business suicide for Apple to somehow screw up app syncing on the next version of the touch.